Would you and your children know what to do in case your home is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency happens, you most likely will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form